October 2022
VOLUME 06 ISSUE 05
COVER STORY
I first wandered through this area on one of my early cycling adventures in Wales back in 2012. Ten years later, it seemed that I should re-visit my route with fresh eyes and a better understanding of the geography and its history... ► Read more

FEATURES
NEW!
Join me as as I cycle up NCN Route 466 to the old colliery at Cwm. I then continue north to what was once the UK's largest steel works at Ebbw Vale. It's a short ride, but one rich in history... ► Read more

2022 Ride-O-Meter
UPDATED!
August 31, 2014
One of my goals was to ride all of the main routes of the National Cycle Network... ► Read more
May 17, 2021
The roads are quiet and roll through miles of tranquil farms; a perfect route for a lazy ride in the country.... ► Read more
July 29, 2021
I explore NCN Route 881 on my fourth adventure up the Rhondda Fach Valley and over to Aberdare... ► Read more

DEPARTMENTS
Gallery
I've recently rode with my inlaws in their car up through "cowboy country". It's just not the same as on a bicycle, so I went back and updated this gallery... ► View Gallery
📔 Editor's Letter - October 2022
Read about what's been going on with Bike Wales behind the scenes and a brief overview of the features and departments for this issue. This is also where I say thank you for taking time to visit my little blog... ► Read more
Routes to Ride
For my second advanced route I've put together an extended ride which explores the Ebbw Fach Valley and the Vale of Usk... ► Read more
Sexy Bike Alert!
I find it very sad that it's nearly impossible these days to find a steel-lugged bicycle frame with a steel fork and rim brakes. This may be one of the last.. ► View Bike

ON THE WEB
Wheels to Wander | You Tube - How can you not love these kids and their infectious passion for discovery? I've been following their world-wide adventures for several years, so when they came to Wales I had to share their video. Take a look, but be careful... they're addicting! ► Watch video
GCN | You Tube - Road racing isn't my bag, but I do find myself often watching the GCN channel. Here's a great video where they highlight the everyday concerns of commuting by bicycle by non-athletes. Their personlities are engaging and it's cool to see them think about the rest of us. ► Watch video
SADDLEBAG

Submit your email address to receive updates... ► Read more

Do you have something you'd like to share with us?... ► Drop us a line
🚴 Noteworthy Blogs,
      Websites, & Friends

⚙️ How It Works
Read about the hardware and software we utilize to present the content found in this blog... ► Read more
🔍 Back Issues
You may select a year to view the previous issues of Bike Wales.

📖 The Archive
Before 2016, my blog didn't have much direction. If you'd like, you can still view it all: ► Go back in time...
Did ya miss the last issue? No worries mate. I've got it right here for ya! ► August 2022