August 2022
VOLUME 06 ISSUE 04
COVER STORY
I find myself drawn to certain areas. I've been cycling around Sugarloaf Mountain now for nearly 10 years now and each time I visit, I find something new. Join me as I explore the small lanes that wind around this famous landmark.. ► Read more

FEATURES
NEW!
I don't visit the Rhondda Valleys as much as I should. Many of the cycle paths pass through areas rich in history — which deserve more attention. Today, I'll be exploring NCN Route 881... ► Read more

2022 Ride-O-Meter
UPDATED!
Adventure Series
This "Route to Ride" utilises five NCN routes from Pontypool to Blaenavon, including the fabulous M&B Canal.
► View route details
March 06, 2022
After a lengthy hiatus, I began working on my Taff Trail project again with some interesting surprises... ► Read more
April - October, 2021
Not Quite Long Enough; I've put together a collection of images and short reports from five rides I made during the summer and autumn of 2021... ► Read more

DEPARTMENTS
Routes to Ride
For my second advanced route I've put together an extended ride which explores the Ebbw Fach Valley and the Vale of Usk... ► Read more
πŸ“” Editor's Letter - August 2022
Take a few moments to read a brief outline of what's new for this issue and what's been going on with Bike Wales behind the scenes. This is also my place to say thank you for taking time to visit my little blog... ► Read more
Gallery
I've recently rode with my inlaws in their car up through "cowboy country". It's just not the same as on a bicycle, so I went back and updated this gallery... ► View Gallery
Charts
I don't generally ride for distance, but I do set myself a few goals to maintain consistency and endurance. Check out how I'm doing this year!... ► View Charts

ON THE WEB
You Tube - The 25th Infantry Regiment Bicycle Corps, was a racially segregated unit formed by the US Army just after the Civil War. Led mainly by white officers, black enlistees served on the nation’s Western frontier, where they went on a rather extraordinary bicycle trip... ► Watch video
The Radavist - To honor the 125th anniversary of the 1,900 mile expedition by the 25th Infantry Bicycle Corps, Erick CedeΓ±o; aka "Bicycle Nomad", retraces the historic route that passes through five states from Missoula, MT to St. Louis, MO. Article by: JOSH CAFFREY & ERICK CEDEΓ‘O. ► Read full article
SADDLEBAG

Submit your email address to receive updates... ► Read more

Do you have something you'd like to share with us?... ► Drop us a line
🚴 Noteworthy Blogs,
      Websites, & Friends

⚙️ How It Works
Read about the hardware and software we utilize to present the content found in this blog... ► Read more
πŸ” Back Issues
You may select a year to view the previous issues of Bike Wales.

πŸ“– The Archive
Before 2016, my blog didn't have much direction. If you'd like, you can still view it all: ► Go back in time...
Did ya miss the last issue? No worries mate. I've got it right here for ya! ► June 2022