April 2022
VOLUME 06 ISSUE 02
COVER STORY
I've been working for quite a while on a circular route which travels around the Vale of Usk and I think I've just about got it now. Take a look at my latest version which includes a loop through Raglan and Great Oak... ► Read more

FEATURES
NEW!
I discovered a new walking and cycling route opened between Tintern and Chepstow. The most exciting part of this discovery is that the new route makes use of a re-purposed train tunnel!... ► Read more

2022 Ride-O-Meter
UPDATED!
February 18, 2017
The morning was bleak, but in Wales - if anything; the weather is damn changable and sometimes that is all you need to know... ► Read more
October 14, 2021
Southwest of Cardiff, stand two neolithic burial chambers worthy of a visit by bicycle... ► Read more
June 22, 2021
A photo intensive report documenting NCN Route 49 along the M&B Canal as a module for future "Routes to Ride"... ► Read more

DEPARTMENTS
Gallery
Check out the latest photo-shoot featuring the bike I bought nearly 43 years ago... ► Read more
📔 Editor's Letter - April 2022
Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad you've taken time to visit our little blog. This is the place to start if you'd like to read a short overview of what's new for this issue and what you can find from our latest adventures... ► Read more
My Rides
The new design now has individual pages for each year that I've been writing cycle reports... ► Read more
Charts
I've compiled the data from all of my Solitaires starting in 2016 into a single page for ease of comparison... ► Read more

HOT!!! Check out the seven significant changes with our re-design... ► A Brief Tour

ON THE WEB
You Tube - I spend a great deal of time watching videos of cycle touring and I have a good idea of what is good and what is rubbish. This may be the very best I've ever seen. Take a look at part 1 (of 4). The story telling and cinematography are quite impressive. ► Watch video
Toms' Bike Trip - If you spend a few moments browsing this guy's website you'll soon see that Tom does a thorough job of reviewing touring bikes... objectively. If you're shopping for a new touring bike or if you're just interested in seeing what's new, this a great place to start. ► Visit Website
SADDLEBAG

Submit your email address to receive updates... ► Read more

Do you have something you'd like to share with us?... ► Drop us a line
🚴 Noteworthy Blogs,
      Websites, & Friends

⚙️ How It Works
Read about the hardware and software we utilize to present the content found in this blog... ► Read more
🔍 Back Issues
You may select a year to view the previous issues of Bike Wales.

📖 The Archive
Before 2016, my blog didn't have much direction. If you'd like, you can still view it all: ► Go back in time...
Did ya miss the last issue? No worries mate. I've got it right here for ya! ► February 2022