Volume 07 Issue 01
No. 38, July 2023

COVER STORY
Three Castles Tour
A Cycle Ride Through Monmouthshire
I have visited each of these castles seperately, but never all three in a single day and the idea had been brewing in the back of my mind for years. So on a beautiful summer day in July of 2022, I finally made the Three Castles Cycle Tour... ► Read more

FEATURES
NEW!
July 07, 2022
This route is not for the casual rider — many parts are quite challenging, but the countryside is wide open and rolling which makes for a fabulous day out on your bike... ► Read more

2023 Ride-O-Meter
UPDATED!
August 10, 2017
I keep returning to this fabulous route year after year simply because it is stunning... ► Read more
May 12 & 13, 2022
Four years is too long to wait for bikepacking! Checkout when I got back to the core of my cycling... ► Read more
May 30, 2022
I returned to the Wye Valley Greenway, however this time I cycled the route from Chepstow to Tintern... ► Read more

DEPARTMENTS
Charts
After a few years of cycling long distances, I created a page just to keep track of the rides equaling a century or more... ► View: 100 Mile Club
📔 Editor's Letter - July 2023
Take a few moments to read a brief outline of what's new for this issue and what's been going on with Bike Wales behind the scenes. This is also my place to say thank you for taking time to visit my little blog... ► Read more
Gallery
NCN Route 467 is the closest cycle path to us as it runs between Blackwood & Hollybush along the lovely Sirhowy Valley... ► View: Quoits Wood Gallery
Sexy Bike Alert!
As I began to write this reveiw, rumours began circulating that TREK is ending its production of their legendary touring bike?... ► View Bike

ON THE WEB
Dave's Travel Pages - Mainstream cycling websites mainly focus on eating for long-distance racing. Not my bag. I kept hunting around and came across this fella's website. I immediately liked his vibe. Plus, I think he has some great tried and true recipes. ► Read blog
You Tube - I don't remember how I stumbled across this video, but I'm sure glad I did. Although nearly ten years old, this video portrays cycle touring perfectly with quiet solitude. It makes me want to get on my bike and ride. ► Watch video
SADDLEBAG

Submit your email address to receive updates... ► Read more

Do you have something you'd like to share with us?... ► Drop us a line
🚴 Noteworthy Blogs,
      Websites, & Friends

⚙️ How It Works
Read about the hardware and software we utilize to present the content found in this blog... ► Read more
Did ya miss the last issue? No worries, I've got it right here for ya! ► December 2022