Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Wednesday, 8 March 2017

TOURING 
Point n' Shoot


Sometimes ya just gotta show up. Wales is like that. And I find myself thinking that it's almost like cheating 'cuz it's so damn easy...


I kinda felt bad for not going out with the Kingfishers yesterday, but I wasn't feeling much for it early in the morning. However, by noon I just couldn't hold myself back because it was such a beautiful day. So I hopped on me bike and went up the road behind the house to Manmoel.

It's a good 'ole climb, but after five miles you're at the top and then it's just rolling. It warmed up nicely to around 12°c and I was feeling a bit of Spring fever. The total distance from my house (up and back) is a whopping 14 miles and because the weather was smashing, I continued on down the mountain to Blackwood.




I rode across the Chartist Bridge and turned north again heading up the Sirhowy Valley to Hollybush. Of course, I was completely loving the ride by then. So despite some clouds coming in, I decided a ride up to Bedwelty Commons and Rhymney Meadows might be cool.

Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
- Calvin Coolidge



So if you're interested in looking at more images I shot from my fabulous day... you'll need to head over to my Gallery where you can find two new listings: "Magnificent Manmoel", "Bedwelty & Rhymney". Also of note, and due to popular request; I have added a comments feature to the blog. You can now find a link at the bottom of each new post. Cheers!




If you're interested, here's the full route:



Man o'man... I am a lucky boy, indeed.



Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post