Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Thursday, 10 March 2016

55 FOR 55 EVENT 
Day 6 - Mt. Zion Baptist Church


Dear Dean, I did not find the route you mentioned which leads down to the reservoir at Glascoed. You will have to come out with me on any day of your choosing and show me. I did, however; discover a fabulous route going up past the golf course. I would like for you to wrestle Tim John away from his life to join us for a day. I am putting you in charge of arranging this. I know you can do this because you are good at persuading people to do things. Thank you.

Dear Tim, Thank you for the kind words about my blog... and for sharing it across the Facebook thing. That was very generous. Dean is going to show me a way down to the reservoir at Glascoed. We will then cycle the route up past the golf course. You are required to attend. Dean will be contacting you. You must cooperate or I will find where you live. I know bad people. Thank you.



It's not often that I encounter a place in Wales that has the same name as a place as where I'm from. But way up the road from Glascoed, pretty much in the sticks (as they call it back home...) is a little church that surprisingly enough also looks much like one I knew growing up. This is called "weirdness" my friends.


And as I continued up the road I was surprised to see that this short section of road and countryside actually reminded me of North Carolina. It was truly a lovely morning... the kind that excites you, motivates you, an ultimately makes the miles just fly.









I cruised into Usk on a cycling high. And then who did I see? Eric was pedaling up the High Street to join me for the ride down to Caerleon. The day just kept getting better.

Eric lookin' good at "Gypsies Tump".


After Eric split off, I continued into Newport and around the usual loop. I stopped along the way and took a few snaps. Not that I think any of these landmarks are that spectacular, but I'm gonna watch them over the next couple of months to see how they change...











Okay... that's it for now. Keep checking, dear reader. I'm a few days behind, but I'll keep posting. Thanks for all your support and encouragement. Cheers ~ cm
Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post