Introduction

WELCOME! I've been cycling through the Southeast Valleys of Wales since 2010 and I can't say (or show) enough about the place. I just love it. So if you've got the interest and would like to spend some time... sit back and let me show you some of the fabulous places I've discovered.

Wednesday, 16 March 2016

55 FOR 55 EVENT 
Day 11 - Fabulous Day!


The day started off bitterly cold. There was a dampness in the air which stung my face as I rode down into Newbridge. Then on NCN Route 466, just over the pass at Hafodyrynys I see proof along the coldest section of my ride.


So after the past week of rain and snow and wind and cold and more wind and more rain and then cold again, there's not much to say other than today was beautiful.



'Mornin' ponies!


WooHoo! Badgers!




















Gratuitous bike shot...
















I think today was the first time that I actually enjoyed the entire day. The whole ride was great. The weather was fantastic... warm enough and NO WIND! I was relaxed and didn't worry about when I was where or how long it was taking me. I stopped every time I wanted. I was completely wrapped up with just riding my bike, looking at the scenery, and loving it.



On a closing note... I've several additional themes I'd like to explore:
  • Architecture
  • Graffiti
  • Roadside Details

and with that... I am off until next time. Thanks for checking in.



cheers! ~ cm