Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Monday, 14 March 2016

55 FOR 55 EVENT 
Day 10 - Glorious Day!


Milestone #2; 10 days, 550 miles

Finally sun. I'm looking at the Met Office weather report and it's not only calling for sun for ALL of today, but also for tomorrow... and the next day. That's right... I may have three days of glorious sunshine? I cannot imagine it.



But I can show you.

This is a lovely morning!


This was a brutal morning.

How perfect is it for my second milestone to have sunshine, eh? And you read that right. Day 10 is also Milestone #2. I have reached the magical number of 550 miles! WooHoo! I've loads of more photos to come... stay tuned. ( Read the mystical table of numbers! )



But before I do anything else, I should take a moment to send out a big hug with warm thanks to two lovely women who are supporting my rides. Not only are they hosting donation tins and flyers, but they also are my two "checkpoints" where I stop each day to verify my ride. (I provided them each with a small calendar that they mark each day!)

These gals are top class and run wonderful businesses. I cannot say enough good things about them. Go there. Say hello, eat some great food. You'll be glad that you did.

Christine of the Green Flute Cafe in the Rural Life Museum, Usk.


Jo of Fanny's Rest Stop Cafe in Newport.

I look forward to seeing them each day, 'cuz regardless of the weather; they make sunshine for my ride! Here are their websites and Google Map links for your reference:


Okay... so next I'm going to work on getting my photos uploaded. I've shot quite a few, so check back and let me know what ya think!

cheers! ~ cm
Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post