Introduction

WELCOME! I've been cycling through the Southeast Valleys of Wales since 2010 and I can't say (or show) enough about the place. I just love it. So if you've got the interest and would like to spend some time... sit back and let me show you some of the fabulous places I've discovered.

Friday, 1 January 2016

YEAR IN REVIEW 
Hello 2016!

Okay... so I'm sat here this morning, 6:00 am, 1st day of the year, sick as dog with a miserable cold. Last night we had tea and coffee in bed listening to Big Ben ring in the New Year over the radio. Woohoo :(     btw... we're starting week nine of rain.

[ perspectve: January 20, 2015 with John Wilson outside Crumlin ]

I'm not gonna winge too much about it though, it's the first of a new year and I'm pretty stoked actually. So I'd like to review the plans and goals I have for 2016... specifically what I didn't get done and/or what I'd like to improve upon.

1.) Writing for this blog! I was terrible last year with only seven entries! It is horrible and inexcusable for I had so much material that I just didn't follow through upon. (We all know this is commonly spelled P R O C R A S T I N A T I O N.) The first few pieces I wish to tackle are:
  • HOT! Create certificates for cycle training!
  • Write article on Sustrans work for 2015 (include spreadsheet data)
  • Finish parts two and three of my Kington trip.
  • Write article on bike upgrades for Gear section (with photos!)
  • Write "normal language" achievements for 2015 with goals for 2016!
  • Publish/post "55 for 55" plans

2.) Publish photos. Again, I shot loads more photos than I posted to the blog. My Google drive is packed to the point that it's going to take several days just to review them all. (urgh!)
  • Review and sort photos by month.
  • Add photos to Gallery section
  • Clean/sort/organize Google drive

3.) Publish a monthly volunteer email newsletter. This should be for Caerphilly, Blaenau Gwent, and Torfaen Counties.
  • Discuss possibilities with Deano
  • Update email list(s)
  • Revive Facebook Group

4.) Create a "Punch List". This is pretty much what I'm working on now and should be at the top of the list, but since I tend to think things through backwards, here it sits. Plus, once I begin writing other blogs, this entry will naturally get pushed down the list. My thought is that I can create a stand-alone page with a link along the right side of this layout... Of course, it will need some investigation.



That's it for now. I've got several other ideas that I'll work into the "Punch List". If anyone reads this, Happy New Year! Drop me a note, leave a comment... any word from way out there in the Internets is appreciated.

Cheers! ~ muse