Introduction

WELCOME! I've been cycling through the Southeast Valleys of Wales since 2010 and I can't say (or show) enough about the place. I just love it. So if you've got the interest and would like to spend some time... sit back and let me show you some of the fabulous places I've discovered.

Monday, 8 September 2014

Looking for Moleman II

I caught some type of chest infection in early June of this year which laid me up for a couple of weeks. The weather had been exceptionally nice and I was worried that I was going to miss some lovely days cycling. But once I had recovered, I started training again on this little route up behind our village.



The road is rather rough in places and it has a steady climb of about five miles.



So this is my short training ride; all of six miles... up to Manmoel and back.
And look at the views!




Then to round off the ride, I generally continue back down the mountain to Blackwood and up the other side of the valley to Hollybush just to tack on another seven miles. It's nothing difficult, but makes for a great start if you've been out of the saddle for a while. There's hardly any traffic and well... it's rather nice, I think.