Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Thursday, 7 November 2013

My Beautiful Commute...

This is Wales. 



















































On average, I cycle from Oakdale to Cardiff Bay once a week to the office of Sustrans where I am a volunteer. Of the 29.5 miles I ride each way; 21.7 miles are on traffic-free walking and cycling lanes. This is the National Cycle Network. The details of my route can be viewed in the map below...




 Traffic-free  Shared Use  Quiet Road

Commute to Cardiff Bay from Oakdale
ROUTE METRICS:
Distance: 29.5 mi.
Skill Level: Advanced
Approx. Time: 2 - 2.5 hrs.
Elevation: +1356 ft. / -2110 ft.
Max. Grade: 15.6%
Avg. Grade: -0.3%




Sculpture in Bute Parc. (The kids having fun...)



Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post