Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Usk & Raglan

Yesterday turned out to be quite a surprise... the weather couldn't have been nicer. It was a completely freaky December day for Wales and a fabulous day to be out on a bike.

Just a tree that caught my eye...

Even at mid-day in the winter the sun never gets very high,
 so when the sun does come out, you see extremely long shadows.

Nice crib... if yer a crazed killer! Yup, this old mansion has
been converted into a prison for the criminally insane.
(Keep ridin' fellas...)

I hadn't been on my bike in almost two weeks (shocker!) and I wasn't feeling too motivated to leave at 7:30 in the morning... in the cold... and in the dark. But by the time we arrived in Usk at 10:30 the sun was out, the temperature had climbed to around 10c and a glorious day had begun.

Town square in Usk with the castle peeking through the trees.

I'm leaning heavily toward the move to RideWithGPS as my new online mapping program. It's hard to imagine leaving my old friend MapMyRide... so we'll see. I'm working on a thorough review in the Maps section if ya care to see my investigations... (read more here).



Today it's raining and cold again... a typical Welsh December day. At least it gives me time to work on this blog, which has been sorely attended this year. I'm planning on dedicating myself to writing one post a week regardless of whether I ride or not... but I'm littered with big ideas.

The boys... (minus Ivor)

Yes. John wore Christmas lights. A truly unique fella.
So... it's nearing the end of the year. I'm working on a "Best of" set of photographs to add to the gallery. I'm hoping to have my reviews finished on the online mapping as well as write a year end piece... all big ideas. I'm hoping I'll get a few more followers in the new year... perhaps a few more comments? Maybe I'll even get a guest contributor or two? Cheers, cm
Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post