Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Friday, 24 August 2012

Tongwylais Workday...

PREFACE: It's utterly embarrassing how bad I've been at posting this summer... and in particular; this one should have been up over a month ago. But I am not yet without memory and with all due respect to those that made these hard yet very successful workdays possible... I offer my sincere thanks.

The work took place over two consecutive Tuesdays; the 17th & 24th of July.... executed on the Taff Trail (NCN Route 8) between Taff's Well and Tongwynlais. And as you can see from the photos below... we hacked the heck outa the brush that was dominating most of the path. We cleaned and swept. We removed trees and branches that were blocking important signs for both cyclists AND motorists.


What started out as a narrow man-way...

became wide and clear. 

We also helped out the motorists some... 

and found signs for cyclists along the way.

Worthy individuals whose names shall be named... Will Rossouw, Tom Jones, Trevor (missing last name... my apologies!) and the dangerous; Tim John. Thank you again fellas. You are a fine and hard working band of men I would be happy with which to serve again. Three Cheers!

Will Rossouw... "The Navigator".

Will and Tom Jones... "Mr. Detail".

Tim John... aka; "Johnny Dangerous"

Some final shots...













All of the efforts shown above were made by hard working individuals... free of charge. Why? Because they care about our paths and want to help maintain the fabulous walking and cycling routes we all share here in wonderful Wales! 


Want to be a part of the team? Contact Sustrans and volunteer now!

(My apologies to Trevor for not getting yer photo taken...)

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post