Introduction

WELCOME! I've been cycling through the Southeast Valleys of Wales since 2010 and I can't say (or show) enough about the place. I just love it. So if you've got the interest and would like to spend some time... sit back and let me show you some of the fabulous places I've discovered.

Saturday, 9 June 2012

Finally... sun.

As they say; "there's no point in complaining about the weather"... and I've been trying my best, but flyin' jesus lizards of god! Where the hell is summer?! We had one nice week back at the first of March and then about 10 days in early May, but other than that, it has been non-stop rain. Urgh! I've been experiencing some serious Spring withdrawal effects. AND this riding in the rain is getting old to put it mildly.

So, Melanie and I went for a walk today and I tried out this new mapping app. called Endomondo. It seems pretty cool and as you can see, I'm trying to embed the thing...

But I'm not convinced yet. The app did okay following us and automatically uploading to the web, but I'm not crazy on how you draw a map manually. However, the gps is very good and doesn't use a lot of power; so for walking treks under 4 hours it may be the ticket. I will try it on a long cycle ride next week and report back.

Also, I'll post some photos later of my rides last week. Cheers, cm