Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Friday, 13 April 2012

Back to Basics...

On Wednesday I rode down to Newport where I got on NCN 49. This path heads north along the Monmouth & Brecon Canal. 




I was somewhat reticent about just snapping off photos and blogging about the ride because, well... it's so darn predictable. But holy cow. The ride along the canal from Cwnbran to Brecon is everything but predictable... it's fabulous. It's magical. It's completely outside of time. So despite my previous post, here they are...

Looking left...                         ...looking right.




I'm working on getting a map together. MapMyRide doesn't include all the paths that follow the rail lines and canal tow paths here in Wales, so I'm looking into Sustrans and CycleStreets... I'll get back to ya. Cheers, cm

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post