Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Oakdale to Merthyr Tydfil Loop

I cycled this part of of the National Cycle Network last week (Starting on NCN 47 just south of Blackwood to Quakers Yard & then north on NCN 8). I started out in the cold rain but then the sun came out, and then it got foggy and damp, but then it was sunny and humid as I finished... "Welcome to the Valleys", as I've been told.



This is a great ride with a wide assortment of interesting things to see. The viaduct at Maesycwmmer is perhaps the most notable. (And yup... the bike path runs right across the top!) I'm going on a longer trip tomorrow; the tail leg of which will be this path. I'll be sure to get some photos to post and update.

Note: Merthyr Tydfil: Birthplace of the Industrial Revolution. Also: The Wheel o Drams is an impressive sculpture on the eastern side of the Maesycwmmer Viaduct.

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post