Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Monday, 12 March 2012

Oakdale to 14 Locks to Sirhowy Park Loop

One of the most surprising geographic elements I have found in the UK has been the canals. Who woulda thunkit? (Not this ignorant hayseed... ) And of course many of these canals now have bike paths that follow along where horses once trod making for some of the most scenic and relaxing rides.

NEW! Photos added from yesterdays ride:










This path runs 5 1/2 miles south from Cwmcarn to 14 Locks. after a short break and snack, I then turn around and ride 4 miles back up the way I came to the village of Crosskeys where I cut over onto the Sustran Cycle Path #47. I then ride approximately 4 1/2 miles through Sirhowy Country Park. Except for a short connection at Crosskeys; it is completely car free, flat, and an easy-peasy ride.

Also of note: Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal and www.CycleStreets.net (and excellent smartphone app!). Check it out.
Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post