Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Magnificent Spring...

Honestly, I am not feeling my best today. I had loose plans of riding with my "Tres Amigos", but the details were never formalised - so I'm happy to relax at home, recap, re-coup, sit in the sun and fiddle with this blog. (and so here I sit...)


It is absolutely gorgeous such as we are having nothing short of a magnificent Spring this year... (my first in Wales actually). The Met Office is treating us very well with plans to serve daily temperatures of 20c all week.

Following my intense adventure last Tuesday, 20 March; "Looking for Clydach Gorge", I took a couple of days off. I did however, get back on the saddle for a bit of exploring on Friday, 23 March titled; "Bedlinog Meander", which I followed up yesterday with my "Primary Ride" down along the Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal to 14 Locks then back up through Sirhowy Country Park. (see maps below...)





I want to take a moment to point out my other partners in publishing crime... Picassa and MapMyRide. I use both extensively to accompany and/or distract from my diatribe. if you are unfamiliar with either product, I suggest you click on the images below and start explorin'!



and now for some photos...




From a sleepy-misty morning the day exploded into brilliance.





... and I cannot help but wonder about this sign... thankfully, I'm almost home.


cheers for now... I'm off to Cardiff tomoz!

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post