Introduction

Welcome friends. This humble blog is about the simple observations I discover whilst cycling through lovely Wales.
I hope to offer you dear reader, cheerful reflections upon the days and miles I pedal, along with encouragement to get out and explore by bicycle yourself! Perhaps too, if I attempt a bit of amusing anecdotes along the way, I may invoke your readership as well. Thanks for stopping by... cheers, muse

Monday, 1 February 2010

Day 01 - Oakdale to Newport

Monday; August 24, 2009 - Not so surprisingly rain welcomed me as I left Oakdale at 10:30 Monday morning in a fairly hard down pour getting me properly soaked within the first 2 miles. The Adventure begins.

My first way-marker at Sirhowy Park is already beginning to make my trip look interesting.

I am soon to learn about pathway entrances, but this will be one of the more attractive I encounter.

Not a bad looking path, eh?

Despite the foreboding introduction, my ride was very easy, mostly downhill without much traffic, and despite numerous wrong turns at a variety of infernal round-a-bout and all-about-all-over-agains, I made it comfortably to Newport by 2:30 that afternoon. It was then but a short hop to the lovely Tredegar House Caravan Club Site... One of the cleanest and most well-provided campgrounds I have ever seen. (View here.) And yes... the sun came out just as I arrived.

Some lovely rolling country just past Risca.

What is with the sky? The clouds seem to be so very close to the ground. And what a farm! Don't need no Cezanne today.

Here's a parting shot from the entrance to Tredegar House Caravan Club Site. Now I'm off to Cardiff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note to Cartographer: Daily Mileage = 24.02 Total Mileage = 24.02
Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post